Partnership Tax Returns

Every U.S. partnership is required to file an income tax return by or before March 15 in every year and September 15 if they have filed an extension. Like with corporations, an extension is an extension to file a return, not to pay the tax.

Partnerships taxed on a flow through basis are not taxed at the entity level. Any profit or loss flows through to the partners and into their personal tax returns. Partners are taxed at ordinary income tax rates on business profits and at capital gains tax rates on the derivation of capital gains.

The current personal income tax rates range from 10% to 37% at the federal level and from 0% to 12.1% at the state level.

Have a tax question?

We care. Asena’s guiding philosophy is to understand and have empathy with our clients while providing specialist professional tax advice and services. If you need integrated cross border tax advice and compliance our renowned team is able to help you.

News and Updates

How does the new era of information exchange impact your tax filing?

With the new wave of global information exchange, governments are...

Read more

Do you have unreported foreign assets or bank accounts?

The new wave of information reporting is shaping the way...

Read more

What is the new voluntary disclosure program?

The IRS released a memorandum containing procedures for the Updated...

Read more



Newsletter Footer

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.