Such families could be:
- a family of U.S. citizens living overseas (an “expat family”);
- a U.S. citizen or green card holder who is married to an Australian citizen;
- an Australian citizen who holds assets in the U.S; or
- a family whose members live and / or operate businesses, in two (or more) countries, including the U.S.
The needs of such families are and typically require bespoke planning for their cross-border estates, personal and business succession, and tax and investments, taking into account:
- family dynamics;
- U.S. Federal and State estate, gift and other “transfer” taxes;
- U.S. State inheritance taxes;
- potential taxation of the estate in one or more jurisdictions, depending on citizenship, residency and domicile, and the nature, and location, of assets;
- international tax treaties; and
- foreign tax credits
The challenges and are strategies for addressing the issues are discussed in our upcoming Whitepaper International Estate Planning for U.S-Australia Cross-Border Clients which discusses issues specific to Australia as well as those issues that apply generally with cross-border estate planning for non-US citizens and residents and non-US citizen spouses.Estate Planning Topics of interest
How we can assist you:
Identify your needs: We will meet with you, either in person or by video conference call, to identify your specific needs by reference to your family circumstances, the nature and location of your assets, business structuring and future intentions.
Estate Planning Review: We will conduct an Estate Planning Review of your US and foreign (Australia, New Zealand, and UK) Wills, Powers of Attorney and Letters of Wishes and making recommendations for your specific circumstances; and
Entity Succession Review: We will review the governing documentation for entities controlled by you, including family and business trusts and private companies, to ensure that appropriate cross-border succession planning mechanisms are implemented.
We are deal junkies. A team of transactional experts that only advise UHNW private clients and family office.
Our personal tax advisory services are designed to meet your tax advisory needs – both in the US and overseas.
Executive Compensation + Planning
We are an international accounting firm that provides commercially relevant international tax advice.
We prepare the full range of U.S. personal tax and information returns.
The U.S. taxes its permanent residents, citizens, and substantial resident aliens (collectively residents) on a worldwide basis.
We act as an incubation platform for you and your family group so that your successes translate to financial security and prosperity.