On Thursday we celebrate Thanksgiving Day, an annual national holiday in the United States since 1863 that pays tribute to the harvest and the blessings of the year.
Despite the controversies of its origins, Thanksgiving today has become synonymous with food, family gatherings, Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, American football, and the Black Friday sales that follow. For some, it is a day for reflection and gratitude.
As with many things this year, the Holiday will no doubt, look and feel different, and as the year draws closer to its end, we hope that its travails are behind us. So let’s remind ourselves of what we are thankful for, and that despite the challenges of the year, there is hope.
Here’s what we, at Asena, are thankful for:
- the amazing people in my life;
- Gemma, the American Pit Bull x Boxer x St Bernard rescue pup (pictured) who often keeps me company as I work;
- the lessons of this year;
- good health;
- the work I get to do; and
- my outdoor ‘Bootcamp’ crew who’ve kept me fit and strong this year.
- morning cuddles with my daughters Ophelia and Stella and my wife Gillian;
- the support of great partners, staff and clients; and
- personal health and financial health.
- people around me;
- home cooked meals;
- art and dance;
- clients for giving the opportunity to work with them; and
- high-speed internet 🙂
- my loving family;
- my amazing friends;
- hot coffee and good books;
- baking and the smell of vanilla in the air;
- my teachers for helping me get into college; and
- everyone I work with!
What are you thankful for?
Happy Thanksgiving from the Team at Asena! Our offices are closed for the Thanksgiving holiday on Thursday, November 26, and Friday, November 27.